Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Link List to save the World



I need your help. I am a communal artist without a group to commune with. To me art is meaningless without others to share the creative act with.

I became a communal artist when I lived in Lee's Summit, Missouri. I had a small basement apartment there, that I filled up with large abstract sculptures. The sculptures were wildly painted in bright colors.

My neighbor across the hallway saw into my apartment and asked if she could come in and look at my art. I answered without thinking.

"You can come in and see my art but only if you help me work on it."

As she walked into my apartment I handed her a small squeeze bottle of purple paint and told her to paint on any of the multicolored sculptures in any way she wanted. I told her If I didn't like it I could simply paint over what she did.

After a few minutes painting with me she asked if I would come to her party on Friday night and then let her guests come over and see my artwork. I told her I wasn't a party person but her guests could come over and see my artwork if they painted on the sculpture like she was.

Every Friday till I moved, my apartment would be opened to guests that helped me paint my artwork. I want to do the same thing with this blog.

This blog is an lab for me. If you've followed this blog for long you've seen it change many times in the way it looks and reads. When I'm making a lot of changes to this blog, it means I'm scared to write something. Next Monday I'll be writing about my losing my insight into the spirit world in January. Real or imagined this lost spirit vision makes me feel blind and deaf to a greater world than this one. On the positive side I am more focused than I've ever been in my life. My art is moving forward at a rapid pace.

With your help I want to do an Art Project without a deadline. This Art Project will have a lifeline. This isn't a contest or a giveaway but an exchange of art.

I want you to help me put together a Link List to save the World. If you go down to the bottom of the right side of this blog you'll see my A to Z link list. This is a work in progress.

I want the the readers of this blog to pick the best links that promote Imagination, Education, Peace and Nature. Send me comments telling me which links you think are the best. The rules for this are simple, one letter of alphabet for each link. I have links I think work.


Bees for Development
Chandra
Dark Roasted Blend
ESCHER
Fungi

JP Aerospace

Museum of Lost Wonder
Nature Conservancy
Open Learning
Project InSECT

Sea Shepherd
TED
Unite Against Bullying

Xerces Society

I like all the links I have listed now but not all these links will help save the world from the negatives of reality. If you see your blog on the Link List, know that I plan to move most of the blogs to my blog list. If I use your link suggestion I'll send you a small college like the one you see on this post. You can do anything you want with this little college. Make a paper airplane, start a fire or paste it in a scrapbook.

I have removed my snail mail address

I have removed my email address

You can contact me by email or snail mail to get a little college from me if I choose your link.

Now for the second part of this little world wide art project. I am creating a college of the world to go at the top of this blog. Even if you don't want to play the pick a link part of this project, you can help me construct the world map in two ways.

1. I need small political maps in different languages from magazines.
2. I need photos of lava from magazines.

I'll make small color copies of the finished world map and send it to everybody that helps with this project. The natural world college is finished and now I just need to finish the lava bed it floats on with political maps burning in the lava.

If you decide to be part of this art project and share your address with me, I will not share it with anyone else.

Please don't spam me or send me junk mail. There will be an update of the Link List Project each Monday. This post was put online Monday Feb. 2nd 2009. The writing and art was started the day before on the 1st.

I'm finished with my link list . I will be posting the link list art in place of the title next Monday.

No comments: