Friday, February 13, 2009

Art Flags



The next big change for the look of this blog will be replacing the widget flags of different nations with my own artistic version of a world flag. The top flag is meant to represent Antarctica and while not a nation this world outpost needed a flag for my blog as my next solo link is for the blog Frozen Cheese.

The Canadian flag is the over paint of a photo of an Aspen leaf on a frozen stream. The bookends of this flag are false color satellite photos of the mouths of rivers.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Much nicer that the original :-)

pumpki&mo said...

i like the idea pretty much- and the first flags as well ;)

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Desiree and rosalie

Your two comments have decided the next two Art Flags.

After I complete all the world flags I plan to do original oil paintings from the photo colleges for an art show.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

They should take up the Canadian flag - really works. Great idea and result. Hope you keep the artflags coming.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Joan

I stopped working on my graphic novel because of eye strain.

I will be working on the Art Flags in place of my work on the graphic novel. The flags are very simple college art and don't hurt my eyes.

The flags take less of my time and I have more time to work on my novel.

I won't be going back to my graphic novel until my novel and all the world flags are both finished.

Thanks for all your comments Joan.

Brian said...

Very nice! I'd be proud to it on my porch.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks, glad you like it.