Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Grandfather Green Tie, War of Words


The pain was beyond my imagination. The creature was shaped like a super egg, a solid black orb with four ebony limbs shaped like the fore legs of a praying mantis. The razor sharp legs are embedded deep in my torso or what I imagine to be my torso.

The Angel Onomatopoeia touched my soul and the pain was gone. The life force of a egg like shape remove the four bladed legs from my imagined body. The four legs turned from blades to flowers and the living imagination had the body of a giant oval pearl now.

The Vampire Ophiuchus twisted in pain at the lost Night Terror he had created from the evil of his imagination. Onomatopoeia had turned terror into beauty.

What comes next is a war of words between a vampire and angel with Grandfather as the judge for the saving or destruction of his own soul. Sorry but this is the best writing of my life and its too good to give away. If Grandfather lies his soul dies.


5 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I am so glad you have decided to concentrate on this story .. but its getting scary rather than spiritual!! Help ! you make the scenes come alive with words.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Joan

This writing is near the end of chapter two and is based on my worst night terror.

I should have finished a few more lines of text before going to bed last night as I'm not going for scary here but the balance between order and chaos.

I spent the day with my grand daughter yesterday and got home late last night. I feel I made the right decision to keep blogging and post small windows into my novel but sometimes it will be a struggle to balance family and the more complex work of writing a novel.

I'll try to finish this post today and I think you'll see I'm still writing a spiritual novel with moments of fear used only to move the story forward.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Joan Sandford-Cook changed the direction of my writing with her comment on this post.

Her comments on my blog have keep me from going down a negative path in my life many times and here she turned me from making a chapter more negative than it needed to be.

Thanks again Joan.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Oh Robert - What an honour to have the metamorphysed Rose Pearl savour (for that is how I see her) in your story accredited to me and that the terror of the blades was replaced with the beauty of my most beloved painting subject - flowers. I read today that Sony have at long last gone away from all these aggressive playstation games and have written one around flowers!! I am astounded that my sincerely felt comments have had such an impact on your writing. I am so glad the novel will continue to be a spiritual one and look forward to seeing what comes next. It must be magic creating a whole new world with words.

Robert A Vollrath said...

This chapter is taking longer than I wanted but I feel this little hero will be important in the second novel.

I have enough story material from 20 feature length movie scripts to write nine novels.

The evil version of this creature is named Kill Joy and I was going the kill it in chapter two but then you wrote a comment and I realized I was going down a very negative path.

So Rose Peal was born to be Grandfather's sidekick through his spiritual journey through time and space.