Friday, July 11, 2008

Pity the Poor Rich

I went to see the 12:00 A.M. showing of Hellboy 2 but this post isn't about that.

This post is about seeing my friend George at that Midnight showing of the movie.

George told me something very strange. He told me he went to a party of the wealthy of the city of my birth and they were talking about me in a negative way. George took up for me and has been uninvited to future parties.

So the good news is I'm not paranoid.

The bad news is that the Rich and Powerful of the city of my birth hate me.

Pity the Poor Rich who waste their time talking about a man that could have helped them in ways they can't even imagine and instead became caricatures in books that future generations will laugh at.

Maybe hate is too strong a word. If you are a pitiful cow town aristocrat and have the courage to leave a comment (anonymous of course as I can't expect you to have too much courage) please tell me what you really think. If you are cowardly aristocrat just flag this post for telling the truth.

I really don't hate any of you.

I just feel real pity for you.

No comments: