Friday, July 25, 2008

Sleeping Denver

I took Denver on a walk and he fell asleep in my arms. Close to the back porch of the house I could see a train coming down the track that ran close to my family home. I race walked up the stairs trying to get baby Denver back in the house before the train whistle blew. I almost made it in the house before the whistle blew.

Denver woke up holding his drowsy eyes open only for a moment. My Mother held the door opened as I walked in the house. Denver fell asleep again in my arms and I made my way back to the living room where Becky (Denver's mom) was trying to get some sleep on the living room recliner.

I leaned back on one of the living room couches letting Denver sleep on my chest. Becky took pity on me and we went to the back bedroom where Mark my son was sleeping. Becky laid down beside my sleeping son and I handed her sleeping son to her. As I closed the bedroom I looked at my beautiful extended family asleep after returning from their Colorado trip.

No comments: