Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Imagination Center Part Two


An Imagination Center could be anything but to bring focus lets imagine an alien landscape created by a community of artists and everyone else that wanted to be part of the process but didn't see themselves as artists. A strange musical sound-scape echoes through a growing ever changing world created by all that wanted to create. Through the internet the sound-scape could be created around the world.

Just as a Imagination Center would be created by recycled things, I have recycled this painting from the post Death of a City.

4 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

What a striking imagination image. I read soooo much into it. Could gaze at it for an hour with great delight. It stimulates the mind with its objects and saturated colors, speaks volumes.

Best Regards, JJ

Robert A Vollrath said...

Your comment made me feel good as your reaction to this quick piece of art was what I was going for.

The original painting was my attempt at making the world's worst piece of art. I failed because someone commented on that post that they liked the painting.

I needed a piece of art for this post so I put the painting sideways and added three photo cutouts.

1. Top of a red hat
2. Part of a spider's body
3. Part of a infra-red image of heat coming off an oil refinery.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

My you've been busy since I last came on the blog before my visitors and installation of new equipment. Dont like spiders but then its the hairy legs that get me - but dont quite understand your ref to them in your response to nature nut. Hi nature nut - great name.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Joan

There is photo of a spider's abdomen in the artwork for this post.

July 25th is my 50th birthday and tomorrow I will post my 50th post for this month.

I have been busy to chart a transition from depression to manic on this blog for the month of July.

I hope this will help people that have a problem with being bipolar.

I think this is a natural cycle of the creative soul and embrace it.