Monday, June 23, 2008

The Dream Burns

I've had the Dream for as long as I can remember. I'll be 50 soon and the Dream still burns.
The Dream is brighter now, almost blinding me to the harsh reality of my life.
People in my home town laugh at me and mock me to my face.

To them the Dream is a fool's dream. Women have given up on me and rejected my love because I will not give up on the Dream. Aunts and Uncles have told lies about me and have stolen from my Dream. The Dream still burns. Friends have betrayed me and yet the Dream burns brighter.

The wicked rich tried four times to imprison me.
Accused of stealing money.
Accused stealing artifacts.
Accused of assault.
Accused of being the worst thing a man can be accused of.
All lies.

They could not put me in prison because the truth wrapped in the Dream protected me.
At times the Dream has been but an ember in my mind.
Then something happens and the Dream burns white hot.

To all those who have tried to destroy me and my Dream, you have my pity and forgiveness.
For none of you know what it is like to have a dream much less to have the Dream burn within you.

The Dream Burns and will forever in my eternal soul.

I wasn't going to blog anymore till mid-July but I find I can't sleep until I write something.
I am hopelessly addicted to blogging. I won't be posting any pictures till mid-July but I will be posting text. I'm fighting depression with writing so I'll try to be positive when I can.

2 comments:

Lottery Girl said...

Feel better soon!

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, and a cyber-shovel to dig out of the awful hole that is depression.

pumpki&mo said...

"..dreams are my reality, the only kind of reality.." - parts of what you're writing about are part of my inner soul, too. (in fact there is 'one big dream' burning in my soul that keeps me being alive.) there are always these ups and downs (happiness and depression and something between)- don't forget to take an eye on the things around that really matter and can't be changed by any and your true imagination. they are my source of energy when i'm totally down like i also was in the last days..