Monday, January 19, 2009

Toy Designs




I am building a series of imagination exhibits for a future Imagination Center.

One of these exhibits is a collection I'm putting together of Major Matt Mason toys and how these toys inspired me to create my own line of space toys. I'm using 40 year old vintage toys I played with in my youth to play with concepts for my own space toys.

Here are three concepts for MMM toys before I over paint the designs with oil paints.

My grandchildren will star in a short movie with the original designs in five years, with parental permission granted.

I won't be posting original designs until then.

These designs are meant as pure fun and are not meant to infringe on the rights of Mattel.

2 comments:

Nardeeisms said...

Robert,
I laughed at design number one! All that I could think of was the old "Lost In Space" series and the words "Danger, Will Robinson". Thanks for conjuring up old memories. ~Nards

Robert A Vollrath said...

Toys need to have goofy fun.

I'm glad you got the Lost in Space nod.