Saturday, September 18, 2010

Caged Lightning

I wasn't going to write another blog entry but being in a car hit by lightning is a very strange thing to have happened. It was like my car was in a cage of lightning and I was blinded by white light for a few seconds as I drove. I didn't even think about stopping the car. I guess I was in shock but I didn't get shocked and I can find nothing wrong with my car. I saw the lighting around my car and heard the thunder at the same time. I don't know why I didn't run off the road.

2 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Hi Robert - what an experience. I always thought the safest place when lightening was around is in a car because of the four tyres earthing you. Enjoy whatever it is you are doing until 1st November and come back to us happy and full of energy rearing to take that next step into the unknown future.

Unknown said...

A car is the safest place due to "Faraday cage". It has nothing about the earthing, but rather the fact that you sit in a "cage" and the electricty takes the way around you.

Why do always extraodinary things happen to you, Robert?

It's just like one of my teachers in First Aid: he had done HLR three times and he frequently stumbled over accidents in need of First Aid.