Thursday, August 26, 2010

Honor Killings and Terrible Secrets I Carry



Honor, can you kill for it? Wives and Sisters have been killed in the name of honor. When I was getting divorced some of my friends asked if I was going to hurt my wife.

"There has been enough hurt, I wish her all the happiness in the world now."

The two men that stood before me were tough strong men that did the hard labor of working in a warehouse. They would have killed for honor. They couldn't understand what I said.

It doesn't matter what part of the world you grow up in, the world is full of honor killings. Men killing women to protect a lie in their hearts. You can't own women they are not your property and yet women lose their last names in marriage and never pass their family name to their daughters.

My Grand Daughter would be no less my Grand Daughter if she didn't carry my last name.

Too many ugly dark secrets in my mind. Too much hate in the world on gender lines. Was God made a man by men to make women less? What is wrong with worshipping the Goddess or the One Soul?

A day ago I learned more ugly secrets about the world. I fought a battle for a friend with love and truth and risked my own freedom and safety to do the right thing. It was for real honor.

No comments: