Wednesday, May 26, 2010

She believes in Mermaids

This is the last picture of my grand daughter before she left on a family adventure to find mermaids.

"No papa no!"

I am shopping with my family. I am pushing my grand daughter through the canned food section of a grocery store. Her eyes are filling with tears. Then I see why she is crying.

"Sweetheart, that isn't canned mermaid. The mermaid is just selling Tuna."

I buy her some spring flowers to get her mind off the possibility that grandpa isn't telling her the truth.

My grand daughter is on vacation with her father and mother on a Texas beach. Cordelia sees four girls waist deep in the gulf water with their brightly colored bikini tops. She tells her daddy she wants to meet the mermaids. The girls explain to her that they aren't mermaids but they saw one swim by.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How smart of you to figure out so fast why she cried! That's not always easy.

Robert A Vollrath said...

That was one of my better days. I just now can have long conversations with my grand daughter as I finally realized she was dropping most of her "W's".

Nardeeisms said...

What a sweet story Robert :-). Glad to have stopped by again! She has really grown!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Nards
My best little stories are about my grandchildren.
Glad you stopped by.

horse and moon said...

smiling reading your blog. I love to hear grandpas talking like you talk.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Horse and Moon
I love my grandchildren beyond all thing and if it was possible I would be the grandfather to the whole universe.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Well don't you?? The magic of childhood is a delight for us grand parents. I have our two young granddaughters coming to stay for a few days - can't wait to get out and about with them. How's things going??

Robert A Vollrath said...

I didn't believe in mermaids until I saw two woman on a ABC news TV show that swam in the ocean as mermaids.
Then I realized mermaids are a state of mind.