Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rose Pearl Painting



Rose Pearl is a creature of my imagination inspired by a comment on this blog from my fine blogger friend Joan Cook. Joan has sent me her painting in our painting exchange but I have been a real slacker on this oil painting. Okay I've been working on a few other projects.

Rose Pearl is the R2D2 of my novels I'm working on and Joan gets the first painting of this creature of the Id. This is the second layer of oil paint with 14 more layers of paint to come.

5 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Ooooh! I wonder where 14 more layers will take this painting. I am hoping not quite so 'spidery' looking long jointed legs by then as these little creatures somehow give me the creeps. I think it is quite common with the ladies. How foolish of us. Look forward to see what happens to the rose pearl body. Thanks for starting it.

Robert A Vollrath said...

The legs will look like a string of roses in full bloom. I will work hard to get away from the spider look as Rose Pearl is the reincarnation of my most feared Night Terror, Joy Kill.

Unknown said...

I get so impressed with anyone who can paint with oil. I'm so used to acrylic paints, so when I paint with oil it just becomes a brown mess.

For those unfamiliar with the differences, oil paint dries much slower than acrylics (water based).

Anyway, it sounds like an interesting project, to switch paintings.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

That sounds gorgeous - all those roses. Many thanks.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Desiree

This is my last fine arts painting and my last oil on canvas.

I will be doing oil on paper for my graphic novels and five oil on copper to pitch my first feature film.

To Joan

I'll try to post each layer of paint so you can see the progress.