Monday, August 31, 2009

Tales of the Rewired Mind

If I could put into words how my mind works but I can't. Should I even try?

As a small boy I lived in a magical world where every living thing was surrounded in bright colors that I later called Soul Colors. I could see colors that other people couldn't and I soon learned not to talk about things the rest of my small town world didn't know.

In church there was talk of only one life to live and this confused me because I could remember other lives.

1. The Scribe with cursed words.
2. The Welsh boy warrior who died under a Roman boot.
3. The Artist that died by his own hand.
4. The Cameraman of the silent era.
5. The Spin Doctor of the FDR era.
6. Living this life somehow for a second time.
7. A Farmer on the Green Pyramid. A life in the deep past or far future.

Is any of this part of a greater reality or just part of a giant imagination? I don't know.

All this seems more real than reality but I can't even prove it to myself so why should anyone else believe it?

I was a little boy with my Aunt Audrey and she slammed on the brakes of the pickup she was driving. My head slammed into the hard metal dash of the pickup and my childhood ended.

I woke from a forever sleep and heard my parents talk about how bad I looked from the hallway.
I could see my own swollen forehead, I was four years old.

My spirit friends no longer came and played with me. I could no longer see the Soul Colors.
The color of my world dulled and flowers were not as bright. The magic was gone and for a while I believed the teachings of my church.

I was 14 years old and a voice in my head told me I would lose my left arm someday if I forgot the warning that was given me. The voice was mine but older.

I was 17 years old and I died in a car wreck in one universe and found heaven. I returned to this universe I call the Broken Mirror Universe. I saw impossible things and remember impossible things. No words can describe what I saw in my mind's eye. My imagination became a fragment of infinity.

Impossible things began to happen. I could sometimes hear other people thoughts. Sometimes I would know things before they happened and I was always attracted to disaster.

I could taste pain in others. I could see the Soul Colors again. I could change the river of time.

I remembered the warning I gave myself from the future and saved my left arm. I cut my left hand with a rusty knife when I had a case of the flu. When I went to ER and the doctor said I was hours away from losing my left arm. I was going to wait till the next day until I remembered the warning I gave myself.

Before this saving of my left arm, I had always viewed my visions as a curse. More often than not the visions would be wrong and I learned to keep quiet about these mind twisting waking dreams until my first Black Void Vision.

My first Black Void Vision was of a fire at my girlfriend's house. Three hours before the fire burned the house to the ground, I saw it in my head. I saw the single candle that started the fire surrounded by the burning house.

My second Black Void Vision was the most accurate of all my visions. I was on the sky-walk of the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kansas City Missouri when I had the vision of me being only a spirit in a black void watching the sky-walks fall on top of each other as I touched the very rod that was the weak link in the design. I told two members of the hotel staff that the sky-walk was going to fall in two weeks. In two weeks when the sky-walk fell I heard on TV that several people had told the staff they had a premonition the sky-walk would fall with the dancers on it.

I could go on with the spirit side of things but I've told those tales in other parts of this blog.

Now for the rational side of things. Am I just some kind of high functioning crazy?

A twenty year headache and more things wrong with my mind than I care to admit too.
Is my imagination projecting into my reality? Does my mind weave a fantasy world for my ego to feed on?

I think there is truth in both views of my reality. If I don't have a witness to my telling of a vision then it is is only a half truth at best because of my poor memory. I told several people about my second Black Void Vision but the first, I told no one till after it happened. Did it happen?

Yes, I believe it happened. I can't explain away many things that have happened to me over the years with science that believes in an accidental universe over eons of time.

Here are a few medical problems I've had over the years.

1. After a car wreak in 1975 I have a terrible headache that last over 20 years and seizures everyday for 15 years.

2. My sense of smell comes and goes.

3. I have vision distortion in my right eye until I read an article in the 1990's about wearing blue lens glasses to cure this condition. I wear blue hex glasses for six months and it cures this condition. My friends just thought I was trying to be cool.

4. From 1975 till 2002 I have times when I forget everything. When under extreme stress I have total memory lost. For up to three minutes at a time I can't remember my name or anything else.

5. I have a dead spot in my brain and when I think certain thoughts I pass out. I also call this spot in my brain the Soul Gate as it is my source for my visions. Imagine a black hole in your mind and you can play on the event horizon and imagine anything. This part of my mind is healing fast and I'm coming to an end to my extreme visions.

6. When punched in my left shoulder It would feel like someone was sticking a knife into my left eye. I got into more than one fight when some jerk punched me on the truck docks of my youth.

Time to move on:)

9 comments:

Mosaic Brain said...

Re: "Can this be put into words and should I even try?"

Well put and achingly bittersweet, but I think you are right that language alone is an insufficient medium. It will take film, possibly multiple screens.

I have my own bittersweet tales, but I am not going to relate them here.I think we may have special creative brains of a type that has just not been named yet. In my case, possibly stunted in childhood by emotional abuse.

But that doesn't matter to me now. I hereby name mine Mosaic Brain.

The film, "The Secret" is a bit of pop psychology, but the basic premise is correct: whatever attention and energy is focused on will grow.

Your comment on the entry just below this one is about focusing on current projects. My sense of smell is returning and I think the garbage has to be taken out.

Salaams,
Sr. Mumina

Robert A Vollrath said...

This will be a long post as I'm trying to put down a pattern that may or may not explain how I view the world. In this first half of the post I'm looking at the spiritual side of my life and in the next part I will be looking at more so called rational explanations.

I like the use of Mosaic Brain as a term.

Unknown said...

A tragic and amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

Robert A Vollrath said...

More to come after I finish a first draft of a script with a deadline;)

Khaye said...

A great sory!
Btw, I am now following you. :)

Robert A Vollrath said...

You have a great blog I haven't been to in a while.

I'm writing more and more about my strange life and I wonder why anyone would want to read about it.

Thanks for following.

Mosaic Brain said...

Wow, daily seizures. http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/94/5/1623
Overland Park much?

Mosaic Brain said...

Because you write about the secret inner life. The life that could not be talked about. Locked away so deep inside we forgot it was there.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Mosaic Brain

You have helped me dive deeper into my inner mind.

I thought it was silly to write about my sense of smell coming and going but contact with you has been a blessing.