Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Smile Behind the Pacifier


The above picture has nothing to do with the following story but this is the used car I bought Cordelia for her birthday. I think that's Cordelia in the car but her best friend was at the party and from a distance you can't tell them apart.

I can't remember why I was in the north land (I do now but that's a secret). On the way back I drove by my son's house and saw Cordelia and her daddy starting to go for a walk.

"Hi Cordelia, can I go for a walk with you?"

Cordelia was sitting in her new wagon her other grandpa bought her for her birthday. She looked up at me with the biggest smile behind her pacifier. I parked the car and went walking with her and her father. I pulled the wagon until I got too winded and then my son took over.

My asthma was beating me up that day but that beautiful smile behind the pacifier was all the medicine I needed.

Photo by Jackie Goss. Used with permission.

No comments: