Saturday, May 31, 2008

Notes on Henry


For the past three days I have been very sick. Then my mother found this paper with a few notes about Henry. Henry was a injured Robin that my family and the town of Kingsville Mo. returned to the wild. Henry wasn't a pet but a family friend. I loved this bird with all my heart and soul. Henry's memory gives me joy when I am sad. My father and I were at Boyscout camp when this note was written. The following excerpts are from my mother's note.

Went to Sunday School and Church- Talked to Henry when I got home. He answered me from high in the Elm tree. Then he came down to eat and I sat and talked to him. I walked around to get the newspaper from under the big Elm tree. When I came back Henry had taken a bath and was soaked. ( Robins can't fly if they get too much water in their feathers taking a bath.)
I brought him in the house at 12:10. I let him out when he could fly at 1:00 P.M.

At 3:00 P.M. he flew down to my hand and then got on my head. He jumped down on my shoulder and rode around as I walked outside for 10-15 minutes. He wants me out there but doesn't want to come in. 4:10 P.M. I was going to bring him in but thought I let him be for a little longer. He was really hungry.

I've changed the text to the note so someone who hasn't raised a Robin could understand what was going on.

No comments: