Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Art Farm Art Show


Thanks goes out to Heather and Eli for taking these photos.

I just found out today my show going to be up for a few more weeks and I'm doing a second version of the show with my largest sculpture in The Orchard sculpture garden. I'll be posting this second version in a future post. 5-27-2008


'LUST' is made of foam, copper and latex rubber. Can you see the reason for 'Lust' in the sculpture?


'WAR' as in Man of War and that stupid life and death game we play when someone can't let go of a little power. Three 50 caliber bullets were used in this sculpture and art is the best use for bullets.


The sculptures 'BROTHER and SISTER' at the gallery. Old paint from the movie 'Ride with the Devil' and the construction of Science City at Union Station Kansas City Missouri were used on the sculptures. New Paint from damaged cans were donated to me from True Value Hardware.

The foam was industrial waste I saved from a landfill. The two pieces cost me nothing to build but my labor. I carved the sculptures with the back of a claw hammer.


The very silly sculpture 'DEATH EGG' for all those people out there waiting for doomsday to hatch.


This foam and copper mobius strip is called PAIN.

The above photo is of my second piece of abstract art called Love.


My Art Show will be up another two weeks before I begin taking it down and I'll be posting more pictures in the next few days in this post. Forklift Bully Pages 13 to 18 will appear before this post as they are finished. My heart felt thanks goes to both Heather Rozzo and Eli Pupovac the co-owners of the Holden Art Farm for letting me display my art in their gallery.


From left to right; Flowers (on the table), Music, Soul, Silly, Orb of the Id (on the floor), Heart, Brother and Sister (both on the floor).

This is my favorite piece at the Art Show, Frozen Fireworks. My son Micheal came up with the concept for this sculpture.

I when in to check on the show today and found that Frozen Fireworks had fell off the wall onto the floor. I'll be hanging it sideways for the second version of the show. 5-27-2008


From left to right are my abstract expressionistic sculptures; Lust, Guts, Passion and Fear seen here against the raw wood of the Midlands Trails Gallery interior.

I removed the Guts sculpture from the show today. The sculpture is too fragile so I'll be adding wire to the back to reinforce it. 5-27-2008

5 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Oh I'm thrilled - I'm the first to comment on your amazing artwork. Do tell - what materials did you use throughout??????. Loved the 'LOVE' piece which looks like actual flowers and the fireworks - great idea Robert's son and greatly executed dad. Cant wait for more.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Joan

All of the work has some spray foam insulation as part of the sculpture.

The 'LOVE' piece was made for my mother and is foam sprayed into water with over a hundred artificial roses and seven real dried roses as part of the sculpture.

My mother prayed for me to be an artist before I was born.

My son Micheal has always had better ideas for my art than I.
The next showing of 'FIREWORKS' the piece will be hung sideways with a splash of night sky background.

More to come.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I know Ive already commented but it seems you've added the new photos to the same posting. So must comment again on your work. The ideas of materials is amazing from the artificial flowers in LOVE to the foam and latex rubber in others. Liked the EGG idea waiting to be hatched. But overall what affects me are the VIBRANT COLOURS you have used. VERY UNIQUE EXHIBITION.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Joan for all your comments.
I'll be doing another post on the Art Show. I'm working on one last abstract piece this year and then I'll be going in a knew direction with my sculptures.

Toxiferous said...

Wow, that's so cool!