Sunday, March 20, 2011

Upside Down and Backwards




The history of movies changed today and no one noticed.

Today I created the first Creative Interactive Movie. I changed the way a movie at the theater was projected.

As I bought my ticket I saw a movie poster of Conan The Barbarian (2011). That was my in.

People that work at movie theaters are bored out of there minds for most of the day. So I set myself up for a joke on myself.
The power to manipulate people is a curse and a blessing. You can trick people into doing the right thing or you can ruin a life with a mean spirited joke. I have some rules for playing with some ones reality.

1. I can't tell a lie.
2. I can't ask anyone to do something that might get them in trouble.
3. I can plant a seed of imagination and nothing more.

I tell one of the projectionist how I was trapped in a movie theater all day as they keep putting the reels of the Original Conan The Barbarian in backwards and upside down. The film played upside and in reverse many times that day.

I then make a small scene that the price of drinks is too high. I go see my movie (The Lincoln Lawyer). I'm first into the theater so the young projectionist will have time to react to my Jedi Mind Trick.

I don't know if the trick will work as I watch one trailer after another. I think I lost my touch as the trailers play out and its time for "The Lincoln Lawyer", then the trailer for the new Conan The Barbarian play upside down and backwards.

It was so much fun that I laughed out loud. I was the only one that was laughing.

Now if I can give everyone the power to change the movie they watch. All I need is a few million dollars.

The story about the original Conan movie is true. That is rule number one.

No comments: