Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mermaid Monday; Linden Wolbert



Photo Copyright Mermaids in Motion / Linden Wolbert.
Used with permission by Linden Wolbert.

I'm a day behind on everything! I'm writing Mermaid Monday on Tuesday. I've written a new mermaid scene in my second feature script of the summer. This time the mermaid has a scene with a robot the size of a horse. I've started building this giant robot puppet but that is another story. This story is about Linden Wolbert a real life mermaid.

I don't know Linden Wolbert but I'm a fan of work. I've exchanged a few emails with her about my current movie project which has a mermaid scene (now scenes) in the story. I've never shot an underwater scene and I first contacted her about doing some consulting work on the movie. This story isn't about my movie project, it about how Linden and all the real life mermaids of the world help young girls learn to swim.

I never engaged my sons when they were little in the fairy tale world. They never believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy and we never talked about mermaids at all. My grand daughter of two years old believes with all her heart and soul that mermaids are real. Linden Wolbert made me believe in mermaids. To see a twinkle in my grand daughter's eyes as she watches Linden swim in the ocean in one of her many videos as a real life mermaid is priceless.

My grand daughter loves the water and went to a beach on the Gulf of Mexico this summer to look for mermaids with her parents and Aunt Torrie. I see her play in her small pool in her front yard with her mermaid dolls in the water with her and think how important that belief in mermaids really is. The water is her friend and mermaids made the water safe in her young mind.

She'll never have the fear of water as I did when I first learned to swim. Mermaids like Linden showed her the way to the waters edge. To the Northern Queen of Mermaids Linden Wolbert thank you for living your dream and bringing a little joy to my grand daughter.

Please take a peek at the web site Mermaids in Motion.

1 comment:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Good luck with the dolls house project. Loved the new puppets and mermaid info.