Friday, February 1, 2008

The Last Dream Standing

I sat in the bank waiting to talk to Mrs. Gray. I had been unemployed for over three years because I worked on the movie Begging for Billionaires and had been black listed because I had took on the power elite of the city of my birth.

"Mrs. Gray will see you now."

I walked into Mrs. Gray office to ask for a job that only payed a hundred dollars a month.

"I knew all your grandparents they were very poor but we were all poor during the depression."

Nice, I thought to myself. My whole family turned into trash in one sentence.

"Maria is paying you $400.00 a month for the job?"

"No, only a hundred a month."

"That's all, I thought she was sub-contracting it to you for $400.00 a month."

I quit the job before I started. Maria Otter and I are no longer friends.

I pulled a U-Haul trailer from Kansas City Missouri to Cheyenne Wyoming with my own car to help Dick Herman move back to his hometown. It cost me over $500.00 and my best friend never payed me back. We are no longer best friends.

Jenny Fencing asked me work on a nonprofit movie for a museum. I agreed to shot the movie for $25.00 for the video tape and a promise it would be screened free and never sold.
I was never payed the $25.00 and it sells for $10.00 VHS and $20.00 DVD on the internet and in the museum.

All three of these lost friends have dreams.

Maria dreams of becoming a great director.
Dick dreams of becoming a great actor.
Jenny dreams of becoming a superstar.

To all my lost friends, I forgive you but I'll never trust you again.

You have my pity and my love.

For the last dream standing is always love.

These aren't the real names of my lost friends.

No comments: