Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Belly of Fire


The Warrior Wizards of the Greater Empire had learned how to control the fire stones mined from the earth. They used the fire stones to power their steel fish ships that traveled under the waves and the people of the Greater Empire accepted the risk. They used the fire stones to power their nesting ships that the Griffin Air Warrior used as their roust and the people accepted the risk. The Alchemists of the Greater Empire piled the fire stones into great power castles that ran the Crystal Cities and the people accepted the risk.

In the light of day the Alchemists created dragons from the flesh of lizards. These dragons could cross oceans and with balls of fire stones tied to their tails to destroy entire kingdoms and the people accepted this with great fear. The Warrior Wizards and Alchemists knew the people would accept a lot but not the feeding of fire stones to dragons. For the dragons fire was born in the belly of the beast in oily pools of vile. If a dragon took the fire stones into its belly of fire then his breath would be more poison than the people would accept.

In the dark of night the Alchemists created Fire Stone Dragons and flew them in secret.
They found ways to lessen the poison in the dragons breath and how to hide it in magical mist.
The Alchemists stole cows from farmers in the Greater Empire and cut the beast to pieces to see if they had been poisoned by the Fire Stone Dragon's breath. The Warrior Wizards made up stories about ghost clouds that stole cows and flew as fast as the Fire Stone Dragons for the people would accept that.

3 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

So sorry I havent commented lately but I've been poorly, then I had family staying. I had great fun this morning reading all your lovely stories. So different, can hardly believe they came from the same pen. Im not really into these 'modern' versions of legend type stories as I get lost with all the names and toing and froing of kingdoms, but I loved the hero and the Charlie possum ideas.

As for the illustrations, very unique and strong in composition and colour. There's no doubt you can write full length stories with your own illustrations for children (and young minded adults).
Good luck with your plans. Charlie possum wont be the only celebrity soon!!!!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad.
I don't expect anyone to leave comments on this blog but I'm always happy to get feedback on my writing and art.

My Reality Fairy Tales are true stories presented in written code and illustrated in symbols.
In America we are censored for telling the truth.
I wish I could tell you more.

I will be writing one more Reality Fairy Tale and then I'll move on to other types of stories.

I thank you for the comments on my art. You are a far better artist than I am and your comments mean a lot to me.

I'm behind on my blog because I did some volunteer work for Project InSECT last weekend in Kansas City Mo.

http://www.projectinsect.com/

Jessa Huebing Reitinger is my favorite artist living or dead and
James Huebing Reitinger is my favorite performer living or dead.

Joan Sandford-Cook has my favorite artist blog. I've looked at many artist blogs and you're a natural at it.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks for your response Robert. So intrigued Ive decided to google Jessa Huebing Reitinger, as it will be interesting to see your favourite artist's work.