Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grandfather's First Date

I was going to spend the today with my best friend but she came came down with the flu.
Here is a post that is my favorite story about Sylvia's and Robert's friendship.

I recently became a grandfather and meet my granddaughter the day after her birth.
My heart melted as I held her in my arms. That evening I went to a Reception for a group of sculptures and asked my best friend Sylvia to come with me.

When I told a fellow artist that I had just become a grandfather, a couple that overheard the conversation congratulated Sylvia on becoming a grandmother.
Sylvia isn't a grandmother and has children that are younger than mine.

She didn't correct the couple and thanked them.

This is the first time I've had a woman pretend to be the grandmother of my grandchild.

2 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Sylvia sounds a lovely lady.
Glad you started to add images.
We are interested over here in your elections and cant believe the American people will vote for Clinton - even if it is about time a woman got in to lead the nation.... but thats enough about politics.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Sylvia and I have a Harry meet Sally kind of relationship. She is the most
wonderful person I've ever meet.

The fix is always in when it comes to
American elections. The fat cats decided Hillary and McCain would run and Hillary would win. At least three primaries were fixed by the Clinton machine. You Clinton fans out there know its the truth. Check the post
The Paper King.