Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Child Hero



I voted today in the Super Tuesday Primary.
I woke up not knowing if I would vote as a Republican or a Democrat.

I'm trying to get back to doing a post a day so I decided to do a story about a child hero.
Toni is a grown woman now but she will always be The Child Hero to me.

Hunger forced her to be both a sister and mother to her younger brothers.
Read the earlier post of The Invisible Picnic to know why I call her The Child Hero.

I changed from a Republican to a Democrat today for all the hero children of the United States of America. I voted for Obama because I believe he was once a Child Hero and would best understand how to help the children of my country.

I even added an Obama widget to this blog. I have nothing against any of the candidates but I do think Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton would look bad in the history books. This post isn't meant to tell anyone how to vote. Vote for who you believe in your heart is best for the country. I'm just telling you a faded memory of a child hero helped me decide how to vote.

I don't know if Toni is alive or dead.
In my heart I want to believe she is alive.
I wonder if the adult Toni voted for Obama today?

No comments: