Friday, June 26, 2009

Swimming in the 21st Century

When I became a pot belly human I quit swimming way back in the 20th Century.
Too much writing and not enough hiking. Only my grandchildren could get me back to the water.

I did some wading on a sandy beach on a lake in Minnesota with both my grandchildren but Cordelia got me back into a pool in a motel in Iowa.

As my son Micheal played with her in the water I used muscles I hadn't used in a decade or more in an effort to swim again.

I took Cordelia in my arms and we began to play silly water games as her daddy cannon balled into the pool over and over again.

Grandchildren don't make you old, they give you back the last part of your youth.

2 comments:

chrome3d said...

There is a long time since I went swimming. Thanks for reminding me.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Swimming with my grand daughter was the most fun I've had in years.

I plan to swim every year and several more times this summer.