Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kissing Sally

Her name isn't Sally but it is easier for me to talk to her through this blog than by email, phone or in person.

"I'm going to kiss you."

Sally closed her eyes to receive my kiss.

I was nervous and my damaged nerves betrayed me. After the trauma of bending a steering wheel to the column in a car wreak with my face, my face would contort when I was under stress.

I hadn't kissed a woman in years and I was under stress. I closed my eyes and kissed her with my twisted face.

Years later Sally told me she had opened her eyes when we had our first kiss and saw a grim twisted face as I kissed her. I told her why my face was the way it was but I don't know if she believed me.

Later I told Sally I loved her and when she said it back I wasn't sure she meant it.

A car wreak, a first kiss and two "I love you" all twisted metal in my life or is that twisted mental?

2 comments:

horse and moon said...

lovely !!!!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thank You.

Sally and I have had a on and off relationship for years. She has given me permission to write about some aspects of our friendship and love for each other.

More Sally stories are coming.