Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Scars of Fear

Some wounds never heal. Fear bleeds our faith from us. I am losing my fear moving forward and yet the mountain I must climb is so tall and I am so very tired. I've wasted so much time on other peoples projects only to have them steal from me.

Time to give it all I have. I must focus on the novel. Its not like anything that's out there, will people read it? I need to just write it and get over any fear. I need to brush that last bit of fear aside and finish it.

I tried to explain to a friend on the phone last night what my novel is about.

"I believe we're one soul and we can reincarnate into ourselves to protect the future from destruction that flows down the river of time. The novel is about my real life and my imagination. I'm writing about places it my life where the real and the imagined mix. The story is about an impossible reality that seems very real to me."

She said, me telling her that helped her on her journey. Why did I live in fear all those years. People are more open to alternate forms of believes now. Fear is a waste of my time and I just need to go that last step.

6 comments:

Karin Bartimole said...

Hi Robert, I wanted to come by and thank you for your visit and kind words. I'm glad I came and caught up with some of your writing and sharing. I completely agree with you here - fears we carry about sharing our artistic expressions, in whatever form, are obstacles of our own creation! Your story will certainly resonate and speak to many - I believe as we shed our own forms of armor we attract more like minded people to support our courage and move us forward. I admire your bravery and applaud your imagination. Keep it flowing!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Karin.

I enjoy your blog so much. Your art and videos have helped make my graphic novel better.

pumpki&mo said...

i know that it's sometimes hard to focus, but i think that there is time for everything when it's just the right time.

and most certainly there are people who will read it- i'm looking forward to read it as i love your way of thinking/believing/imaging :)

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks for your comment Rosalie.

This blog has given me the courage to finish my novel. Today my mother asked me to work only on my novel as she likes the concept more than my other projects.

I plan to send signed copies to my favorite blog writers once it is published.

Your comments and blog have had an influence on the novel.

teapotshappen said...

I understand the hesitancy - it took me months to talk in public (on my exploration website) about the mystical experiences and "teapot synchronicity" that I experienced - and took years afterward to find the courage to talk about the beliefs that it all has led me into. I was just thinking about this yesterday and found a quote from Carl Jung, who you may know was one of the first westerners to really study synchronicity ... "In writing this paper I have, so to speak, made good a promise which for many years I lacked the courage to fulfill. The difficulties of the problem and its representation seemed to me too great.If I have now conquered my hesitation and at last come to grips with the theme it is chiefly because my experiences of the phenomenon of synchronicity have multiplied themselves over the decades.” Similar to my experience, and perhaps to yours!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks teapothappens

Your blog has shown me the rational side of what I'm trying to write about.