Monday, June 15, 2009

Shinning Heart
























Shinning Heart is a song I made up to swing my Grand Daughter Cordelia to sleep after a long day at the zoo. On an overcast day I sang many made up verses to this on the spot song for over two hours as each time I stopped singing Cordelia would wake up.
These verses were written down after I got home to be used in a future novel.

I wish I could remember all the verses:)

SHINNING HEART

Lada Dee Lada Doo

I will always love you.

Eyes of blue and hair of gold.

I will always love you.

Button nose of my laughing rose.

I will always love you.

You made me whole from a broken soul.

I will always love you.

You steal my hat and giggle at that.

I will always love you.

Lada Dee Lada Doo

I will always love you.

I have no musical skills and I'm not a song writer but I am a loving Grandfather who does what he can to make his Grand Daughter happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My oldest son has always loved to hear me sing. My second screamed and hit me on my mouth :-)

I was sitting with them both on my lap when the oldest asked me to sing. I started and the youngest protested. I told him that he had to stand it, because I sang on his brothers request. He accepted it.

Last night when the youngest couldn't sleep I asked if he wanted me to sing. Yes. (Wow.) I sang and he fell asleep within minutes.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Are there no ends to your talents. No wonder she kept waking - I want more too!!! Charming and smile making verse.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Desiree

What a sweet story. I love the different personalities between my sons. My oldest son has real musical talent and my youngest takes after me with little or no musical ability but my grand daughter loves to hear us sing.

To Joan

There are many ends to my talents but I thought this little love note to my grand daughter might be fun for others to read.