Sunday, March 1, 2009

Building on Failure


For two years I've worked on a college map of the world only to find out it can't be captured by a photo. The deep blue of the oceans suck all the detail from the land. So why am I still posting this photo of my map of the world? Why would I still use it as a background for my title?

I had a Lifeline to meet. This map of the world and many of the Art Flags are failures. I will build on these failures. I don't believe in Deadlines as that way of thinking limits change in a world that needs more change. Positive productive change in the form of using imagination for good.

You'll see the map behind the title change and I plan to change for the better as that map becomes more than just another failure.

4 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Thanks for popping in despite your plan to stay focused on redesigning your blog. BTW have been away from my computer since Wed so only just started to browse my favourites this morning. Just seen the redesigned Union Jack - love the idea of Stonehenge being incorporated - introduces our English long history and our spiritual heritage.

Robert A Vollrath said...

The concept of the Union Jack Art Flag is much better than the design.

I'm glad you got what I was going for with the concept. I've started working on the second version of the Union Jack with Stonehenge as a full circle with flowers forming the flag that the great stones rise from.

Unknown said...

What a great surprise to find that you have return to blogging again. I've missed your posts.

And you have done a splendid work with the flags.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Glad to be back and posting.
I have trouble writing and doing art at the same time. So the break in posting was a way to get the flags done.