Friday, May 1, 2009

my little belief system

Does it matter what I believe?

Not really but I feel a need to add to the wandering unproven thought.

I believe in God. I believe in the Goddess. I believe there is no God or Goddess. I believe the Universe is random. I believe the One Soul is all genders and no gender at all. I believe in paradox.

I believe in everything and all those wonderful gaps called nothing.

I believe gravity is the tangle of all the orbits and spins within a universe rotating in all the directions approaching infinity. Magnetism is the counter spin to this.

I believe in invisible jet planes. That for short moments in time the B-2 Bomber can turn invisible to the naked eye.

I believe in time travel in death and the living universe. I believe we are all the same soul, that you and I are all the good and bad in the universe. We have been and will be each other.

You are God or the Goddess and I am the same in my own place in time and space. We are the center of the universe. Your belief system is your truth and this is my truth.

We are one soul or are we?

9 comments:

иidhi S said...

Its always good to be be taking a stand on, for what you believe in. Not giving into other peoples criticism, and changing your belief system is the biggest achievement you can ever make in your life. Because this is what keeps you going with a higher value in both yours and others' lives.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks for your comment.

This blog is about the only time I share some of my thoughts on the maze of beliefs that are part of me.

chrome3d said...

Beliefs can be different every day. Life is so much more entertaining/interesting/ unexpected that way.

Unknown said...

It matters to you what you believe.

I think it is important to have a belief. Personally I don't see a reason to fit it into somebody else's beliefs. Then suddenly somebody pops up and tells you you are doing wrong or think wrong.

Robert A Vollrath said...

I don't want to tell anyone what to believe. I come from a part of the United States that has a very rigid belief system and was raised in minority church.

I'm more likely to argue the point that no one knows than what I believe is right.

I agree with you that no one should dictate your beliefs.

pumpki&mo said...

as you might guess i find this post very good. i loved it, i loved the paradox in some lines- cause nothing is for sure when we are seeking (and yes, i believe in we are one !) and wandering souls. believe to me is about trust, the trust in life and this special leading energy, no matter how it is being called by some people. i think i'd be lost if i stopped believing- my impulse to keep on living and seeking from moment to moment. (..can't stop thinking and writing right now..) seeking and living some kind of freedom, staying sensitive, sensing and following those impulses.

Robert A Vollrath said...

I believe paradox is reality.

I believe imagination is a rain of thoughts from both the living and dead that flood space time in new directions.

No words can capture what I believe.

I once shared thoughts with a woman that knew that place between realities. Sad to say she thought I cared more for money than a love for all things.

I have decided I can no longer waste time with people of shallow dreams even if they came close to the One Soul.

Ralph Ivy said...

As a 70-year-old artist still moving forward with words and images and cynical humor and an iconoclastic take on life in general (and add to this a recovering alcoholic who a year ago was picked up by Death on a Pale Horse and trotted around from almost 3 weeks)I hold to both faith and hope. My faith: There IS a reason for existence. My hope: That reason is GOOD.

I also have a fantasy: That in truth I am a 15-year-old teenager from the future who has created this avatar (me) to see what life an old coot might experience in these frontier days of blogging. The internet.

I'll see. (He'll see?) Hopefully not to soon. I am content to live with mystery. (grin)

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Ralph

The mystery is worth exploring and if you are from the future, please don't spoil the ending for me.