Monday, February 9, 2009

Notes on Grandfather Green Tie #1

I was going to post the story "Faces" today but I'm still working on that story and not being part of my first novel I don't know when I'll be getting back to it.

I'm still trying to get last Friday's post finished and when I do that I'll be putting some notes on the novel here.

I have nothing left to write today. Posting the rest of the first chapter in the post below has drained me of all my energy.

Looking at this post on Tuesday Feb. 10th, I decided to add three paragraphs from the next three chapters of the novel.

Chapter Two

Onomatopoeia

I watched the play of photons on the filament of a lighthouse light. In this micro-scape I felt safe.
I knew I was in a coma. I don't know how I got here. There was a trial and my Grandmother English was there with my two oldest Grandchildren. Angels were all about me in this tiny world.
One of the angels was named Onomatopoeia.

Chapter Three

Birth

Nine months in the warm darkness was a good place to hide. Ophiuchus was a master of ancient knowledge but his shallow imagination limited his search for me. I chose the most boring place to hide, my own life. On July 25th, 1958 at 12:05 PM I was born.

Chapter Four

Olivia

The z-phone chimed by her bed. Olivia woke from a dream, a dream about Grandfather Vollrath. Olivia pushed a button on the z-phone and the nano-screen popped out of the slot showing her cousin Vincent's face.

"Olivia there's been an accident, Grandfather Vollrath is in a coma. He was hit head on by a drunk driver."

Chapter Two was inspired by posts on the blogs Joan Sandford-Cook and Me, a writer of movie scripts.

2 comments:

Toxiferous said...

Amazing work and such interesting and evocative writing! This post and the previous one have really made my day and I can't wait to read more.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Toxiferous

All the positive feedback is helping me push forward on the novel. The thought of writing a novel has always been an impossible dream for me but now I truly believe I can finish this beast within this year.

Tomorrow I'm going to write a battle between the Vampire Ophiuchus and the Angel Onomatopoeia. This will be a war of magic words.