Thursday, March 27, 2008

Swing Vote


I'm a swing voter. So hard to make up my mind. I don't like the rich and powerful deciding who I get to vote for. I'm down to three choices now. It would be nice if we had a system of government instead of a system of bribery. Are the elections fixed? Of course they are, so why even vote? Well I look at it this way. The back room billionaires have decided that Clinton would run against McCain and Clinton would win. I don't like the idea they can do that. So when the Oprah Political Machine came along and said here's Obama, I voted for him just because the boys in the back room didn't pick him. I can't vote for the Queen of Dirty Tricks and who wants four to eight years of dirty jokes about her husband?

Obama runs against McCain; I vote Obama.

Clinton runs against McCain; I vote McCain.

Do I think Obama will make a good President? No I don't but at least he would be my choice.

Next Post; First Bully

Photo Freeimages

6 comments:

Nardeeisms said...

Robert, enjoyed your blog immensely. You have the ability to tackle serious subjects with a "biting" and wicked sense of humor that I just love. Will be back.

Nards

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Nards

First let me say that I think Obama will be a million times better than me at being a President.

My next six posts will be about bullying. My hobby is bullying bullies.

I'll be getting into some very serious subjects after that and I'll try to inject as much humor as I can.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Oh Robert you are getting too intellectual and political for me. I think at my age you have seen, heard or read it all throughout the world but let me congratulate you on tackling such serious aspects of our modern world. Go for it with bullying - it seems to start in primary schools nowadays - but what are the children doing but copying adults either in their own lives or on the TV aggressive programmes and play stations - of which there are far far too many. Well done for being a voice for the people.

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Joan

I didn't want to do the political posts. I had promised people I would write about those issues. I have about twenty more promises to keep which I'll spread out over the summer. I am now telling anyone who wants me to write about an issue "No" and they should put it in a blog they write.

I'll start those future political posts with a warning and you can pass on those rants.

Bullying is such an important subject that I plan to do as many posts as I can on the subject.

All my bullying stories will be from true events in my life and will come with a cartoon drawing of a moment from the story.

Toxiferous said...

That's a really interesting picture. (The post was great as well...I just felt compelled to comment on the image.) :)

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Toxiferous

I didn't have time to do art for a few posts so I used stock photos for the first time. This photo appealed to me because being a swing voter is about indecision. The dance of red and blue in my mind.

I could even vote for Hilary if she would divorce Bill and change her last name. How many Presidents have we had as Kings of Dirty Tricks?