Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How Warm Was Your Cold War?


I've played a lot of the board game Risk, which makes me an expert in the history of the cold war. That doesn't really work does it? I grew up a mile from a missile base which gave me a lot of atomic bomb nightmares. No, I still don't have a right to write about the cold war. My father was sent to the Korea War. Well I wasn't born yet and he never saw any combat but I did watch a lot of Mash reruns with him. I remember the Cuba Missile Crisis and that church down the road wasn't going to let my family in their bomb shelter. It's not easy being part of the American Empire. Not buying that?

I guess my Cold War was nice and warm. My Father did indirectly work for the Department of Defense and The Military Nuclear Complex. Living off the milk and honey of the atomic bomb is all I know about the Cold War. Very warm and happy was my childhood with the exceptions of those atomic bomb dreams of my home getting nuked!

Next Post; Swing Vote

Photo freeimages

2 comments:

Jane Doe said...

Oh, the Cold War Era was horrible for me. I would have the worst panic attacks, terrified we were going to get nuked any second. Any time a special report came on tv I had a small heart attack! Yeah, and then they came out with that movie, I don't remember the name, and that just about killed me.

Anyway, my Cold War was not very warm at all!

Robert A Vollrath said...

To Jane Doe

Living near a missile base had a nuclear war happened my family and I wouldn't have lasted long but I keep having those nightmares about my little town getting blown off the face of the earth.

Sorry your Cold War was chilly.