Tuesday, October 21, 2008

a note to a friend


a note to a friend,

We're all overwhelmed. We are infinite souls given finite centers of our universe called life.

We have lived more lives than we could count and know every hell reality can serve.

To save all living things from eternities of insanity we are given the twin gifts of forgetfulness and imagination.

We seek infinite knowledge but the finite can't be infinite.

Imagination is the only road to enlightenment.

Robert Andrew Vollrath 10-21-2008

6 comments:

pumpki&mo said...

we have to train our mind to get a better ability to entrance..

i think it's all in us.

Robert A Vollrath said...

Yes, it is in us all.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

I just could not stop reading the stories of the ant battle and the stream in the wood. Isnt life cruel... I was hoping for some wonderful hopeful outcome but as Brad said 'we have to leave it to nature' and not interfere.

I felt the note to a friend was directed just at me. Thanks. As usual with your written works, thought provoking.

Robert A Vollrath said...

I love your comments Joan

So here is a little hope. Brad had something to say the next day.

"See, nobody really wins a war."

All those ants died so a little boy that was me could learn a lesson.

Jessa said...

Robert,
All I have to say is you are enlightened and true...that is what we love about you. Thanks for the boost.......book almost done:o)see you soon
Jessa and James

Robert A Vollrath said...

Thanks Jessa
It's always nice to hear from my favorite artist. Tell James hi.