Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Urban Explorers

Censored by blogger Jan. 6th. 2008.
Photo of DVD removed by Robert Vollrath.


I had nothing to do with this DVD other than having a son that became a Urban Explorer.
I only went exploring once with my oldest son Mark and his friend Slim Jim. I was standing beside Mark when he shot some video of Slim Jim coming out of a tunnel that appears in the movie.
Slim Jim was a large part of the focus of this movie and the director couldn't have made a better choice. Meeting Slim Jim made me understand the positive side of Urban Exploring in a way my son couldn't. You can't help but like Slim Jim if you meet him and his charisma shines through in the movie.
Mark appears several times in the movie in a chopped up interview but I really don't know how much he contributed behind the scenes. Having a son that is a Urban Explorer can give you a few gray hairs. Mark was Censored under the Censored for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The movie tells this negative side of Urban Exploring in what was known in the Twin Cities as the Landmark Six. I didn't know Mark was Censored until after he was released 48 hours later.
While he was in Censored I began to hear weird clicks on my Censored and began to think I was being paranoid for no reason. When Mark called a day later he told me that the Censored had told him that my Censored was Censored because my Censored was listed on his Censored. The Censored knew Mark wasn't Censored but had to go through the motions. Thank God they gave Mark a heads up because a friend called the next morning who always made bad jokes about Censored. Before he could say anything I told him not to say another word. I meet with him later that day and explained what happened.
Urban Explorers Into The Darkness is a great movie. From a giant NASA rocket from a forgotten space age to the bone filled catacombs of Paris this DVD captures the best of the Urban Explorer subculture.

I have self censored my blog so I could get past the blogger censors.

Blogger has a right to censor me in any way they see fit.
I want to tell the truth in this blog.
I hope blogger supports freedom of speech.

No comments: