Thursday, April 10, 2008

Forklift Bully Page 2



Under Construction.

I'm not sure this page is fair to my ex-wife as we had a verbal agreement on how to handle the divorce. She asked me if she needed to show up for the divorce and I said no. I was still shocked that she didn't come to court that day. 4-12-08

I found out that my father hated the picture I drew from because his neck looked bad in the photo. I replaced the drawing with a copy of the photo and took ten years off this picture by how I clipped it. This was the only photo I had of my father near the time of the divorce. 4-13-08

I'm trying to get this page working in the written word and the art. I'm trying to show the pain of divorce but I feel I must be fair to my ex-wife. I feel that the minimal writing is casting her in too negative of a light. I need to find a simple way to be fair to her. 4-16-08

There is no simple way to do this. I must be honest and not become a victim of my own propaganda. I must show the worst part of my nature. I can not blame the mother of my children for the failure of our marriage without taking half the blame. 4-16-08

Page text;

My father came with me. My mother was at home with my sons. My ex-wife didn't come to court. The judge wanted to give me everything. I said no.

I just read a comment I was being lame. This is my story and I'm going to tell it the way I see fit.
I was being lame. You can't be so fair that you cheat yourself.

I'm in the middle of building the Phase 2 version of my Inflatable Studio. I've took a break and updated some of the pages of Forklift Bully. I've left both versions of page 2 up because I haven't got my two sons in the new version yet. 5-5-08

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, C'mon! From the point of view of a woman...stop saying that you have to be fair to your ex-wife! It sounds so lame! Frankly, only when you stop thinking all the time that you must be fair, that is when you become truly fair... to yourself! Nice Blog!

Robert A Vollrath said...

Your right it is lame. Thanks I needed that.