Monday, October 1, 2007

Anger


This photo is of my first piece of abstract art called Anger. I found this blob of sprayed packing foam in the bottom of a large empty box that Dots Ice Cream was shipped in. I decided I wanted to paint the strange looking block of twisted foam and set it in my work area to take home later.
Then I found out one of my best friends had been fired at the place I was employed at and I became very angry. I had just finished painting a mural and had some of my paints sitting in the work area in front of the rectangle of foam. In two hours I had finished painting the foam in a fit of rage. One of my co-workers asked me what was the piece called. I stepped back from the piece and named it Anger. Seen here in the Midland trails gallery at the Holden Art Farm.
One of two pieces I have in a Group show that started on the 29th of Sept. 2007.

No comments: